Each dose of Animal Health Direct Limited Calf Electrolyte solution, when made up as per instructions, contains Electrolytes, Sodium, Potassium, chloride, Energy Glucose, Amino Acids, Glycine, Alkalysing agents and Citrate* refer to Tech Support sheet for exact quantities.
* Citrate is a bicarbonate precursor, reducing problems associated with a high pH in the abomasum seen when bicarbonate alone is used as an alkalising agent.Direc
Directions and usage:
Dissolve 80g of electrolyte powder in 2 litres of clean water.
Day 1 Give 2 litres of the electrolyte solution, mixed as directed, three times daily. Total of 6 litres (240g of electrolyte salts)
Day 2 Give 2 litres of the electrolyte solution, mixed as directed, twice daily. Total of 4 litres (160g of electrolyte salts)
Day 3 Give 1 litre of the electrolyte solution, mixed as directed and one litre of milk or milk replacer. Separate feeding of electrolyte and milk or milk replacer by a minimum of 15 minutes, (Preferably by 4 hours)
1. Administer electrolytes to calves using a suitable oral dosing tube or bottle
2. Once prepared, discard unused solution after 24 hours
3. Do not use electrolyte solution to dilute milk. Diluted milk does not form a clot and may itself induce scours.
4. If withholding milk or milk replacer, reintroduce gradually over a period of 1 to 2 days
5. Consult your veterinarian if the condition persists
6. Read instructions and precautions on product label
Store in a cool dry place and always close container tightly after use. Protect from moisture and atmosphere. Keep out of reach of children